Karnataka examination authority has released the application form for Karnataka DCET 2022 exam. Karnataka DCET 2022 is expected to be conducted in August. Eligible candidates who wish to get admitted to top engineering colleges in Bangalore should complete the application process before the deadline. Complete details about Karnataka DCET 2022 Examination are given below.
About Karnataka DCET 2022 Exam
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test(DCET) is a state-level lateral entry exam conducted once a year by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for candidates seeking admission in 1st year undergraduate architecture programmes or 2nd year engineering programmes under the lateral entry scheme. Candidates need to complete their diploma in either engineering or architecture to take part in DCET.
- Karnataka DCET 2022 exam will be in the format of MCQs and will have 180mins to complete the exam.
- DCET will be an offline mode exam.
- Candidates can get lateral entry into day and evening colleges in Bangalore after successfully qualifying DCET.
- English will be the medium of language for Karnataka DCET 2022.
- There will be no negative marking in Karnataka DCET 2022.
|Mode of exam||Offline(Pen & Paper)|
|Mode of language||English|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Number of sections||3 Sections|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Syllabus
Karnataka DCET exam syllabus is divided into three sections; Applied Science, Applied Mathematics, & Engineering Subjects. Question paper for applied science and applied mathematics is common for all candidates whereas engineering subjects will depend upon the course selected by the candidate during registration.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka DCET exam 2022
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the DCET exam 2022. Candidates who have completed their diploma in either engineering or architecture with an aggregate of a minimum 45% are eligible to take part in DCET 2022. Candidates who fail to satisfy the above criteria won’t be able to attend the exam.
|Qualification||Diploma in Engineering or Architecture.|
|Minimum score||An aggregate of minimum 45% in their respective diploma course.|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Application process & Important Dates
Karnataka examination authority(KEA) has already issued an application form for the registration of the Karnataka DCET 2022 exam. Candidates can fill out the application form online on their official website. Eligible candidates should upload the required documents before the deadline. Admit cards will be issued on later dates once the deadline is closed. The Karnataka DCET exam 2022 is expected to be conducted in August 2022.
|DCET 2022 registration||June 1, 2022,|
|DCET 2022 application deadline||June 30, 2022,|
|Admit card issuing starts||To be notified|
|Last date to download admit cards||To be notified|
|Karnataka DCET 2022 Exam||August 2022|
(*All dates are tentative)
Karnataka DCET Application Fee
Candidates need to pay the required application fee to complete their registration process. The fees can be paid in online mode or offline mode by submitting the generated challan to the banks specified for the payment. Below given are the required application fee for respective candidates.
|General & OBC Candidates||650/-|
Results & Admission process of Karnataka DCET 2022
Karnataka Examination Authority(KEA) will publish the DCET results soon after the exams are finished. Candidates can check their results online by logging into the KEA official website and will also be able to download/ print the results. Candidates will be able to check the subject-wise scores, ranks, and overall marks in their results.
The conducting body will release the merit list on the basis of the candidate’s rank. Seat allotment and further admission process will be based on the candidate’s merit list.
Karnataka DCET Cut-off
Karnataka DCET Cut-Off 2022 will be determined by the authority once the exams are finished, it will be based on factors such as; the number of seats available, and the number of applicants, difficulty levels of the entrance test, and the previous year cutoff trends. Seat allotment will be based on the cut-off marks and the candidate’s overall score. The candidates who wish to take admissions to the 1st-year undergraduate architecture programmes and 2nd-year undergraduate engineering programmes offered under the lateral entry scheme should score above the cut-off to get admission to their respective colleges.
Here are some of the top engineering colleges in Bangalore to get in through DCET,
- RNS Institute of Technology, Channasandra, Bangalore.
- CMR Institute of Technology, I.T Park Road, Bangalore.
- Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management, Kanakapura, Bangalore.
- Atria Institute of Technology, Hebbai, Bangalore.
- ACS College of Engineering, Mysore Road, Bangalore.
DCET 2022 Preparations
Preparations for the Karnataka DCET exam 2022 can be complex and difficult. Candidates need to have a proper preparation plan to cover the complete syllabus. Different subjects such as applied science and engineering subjects will have diverse resources and complex topics so it is crucial to have the right mentors who can provide you with good resources to prepare. Scheduling a strict preparation to completely focus on the exam is extremely important to complete the preparations on time. We provide coaching that is entirely focused on the DCET syllabus, with regular mock tests to prepare our aspirant’s exam ready.
Elliteiit is one of the leading institutes in Bangalore and is trusted by more than thousands of aspirants who have successfully cleared the DCET. Our DCET coaching is a convenient program drafted by our experienced mentors and will provide you with assured success. Here are some of the best attributes of our DCET coaching course;
- Efficiently structured syllabus: DCET has a complex syllabus and consists of diverse subjects and topics. Scheduling the whole syllabus in an exam-oriented way is the most fundamental part of preparation. Our experienced mentors will provide an efficiently structured syllabus that will cover the entire syllabus in a short period of time.
- Mock Test & Problem solving: We believe practice makes a man perfect. We provide our aspirants with numerous mock tests to make them exam-ready. This practice will sharpen your problem-solving skills and will help you in completing the exam on time.
- Individual classes & Study materials: We provide our students with DCET-oriented study materials in order to make them familiar with the exam, which will extensively help them in the exam hall. Our Individual classes are focused on bringing out the best of our talents through one-on-one study sessions with our experienced mentors.
- e-Learning: Some students might find it hard to attend our DCET coaching. We offer online classes that can be taken at their requested time for effective learning through our e-Learning platform. We will provide you with digital notes and books which can be referred for further studies.
It is really important to stand out from your competitors in ranking to get admission in top colleges in Bangalore for better educational success and a bright career. Preparing well & efficiently by planning a meticulous schedule is the best way to get higher ranks. Take part in our DCET coaching programme for your assured success. Our experienced and talented faculty members will help you ace the exam, with their dedicated mentorship you will be able to pursue your interests for a successful career.