Navodaya Exam Date Class 6 & 9: Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus & Exam date
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti(NVS) conducts the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya entrance exam every year for the students aspiring to take lateral entry into Class 6 & 9 of the Navodaya Vidyalaya all over the nation. The Union Govt of India enacted the National Education Policy in 1986 to develop the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas(JNV’s) nationwide to promote easy access to quality education and skill development for talented students. The navodaya exam conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is meant to pick the best talents from across India to study at the Navodaya schools.
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administered by the Government of India and follow the strict curriculum mandated by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE). Candidates can learn more about the navodaya exam eligibility, navodaya exam date, syllabus, and other information below.
- JNV provides free education including board & lodging, uniforms, and textbooks.
- Students who are studying in classes 5 & 8 this academic year are also eligible.
- Modern education with strong components of culture & inculcation of values.
- Exams are conducted at the start of the year.
- Mathematics (35 marks), General Science (35 marks), English (15 marks), and Hindi (15 marks) are the main subjects.
|Mode of Exam
|Type of Questions
|Class 6 & 9
|Medium of Exam
|English & Hindi
Navodaya Exam Eligibility
The conducting body NVS follows a strict set of rules before picking the right talents to study in the navodaya schools. Therefore, candidates who wish to attend the Navodaya Vidyalayas must ensure that they pass all the required navodaya exam eligibility criteria before attending the navodaya exam. Students who have already passed Class 5 or 8 in previous academic sessions are not eligible. Candidates must qualify the Class 5 or 8 from a government-recognized school in the district where they are seeking admission. However, students who are currently undertaking their Class 5 or 8 this academic year can apply for the navodaya exam.
The age limit for students who want to appear for the navodaya exam is given below,
- Student age should be between the age group of 9-13 years for Class 6.
- Student age limit for Class 9 is 12-16 years.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of the certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
*These navodaya exam eligibility criteria are applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the OBC (central list), Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribe.
Navodaya Exam Syllabus
The navodaya exam syllabus is divided into three sections; Mental ability Test, Arithmetic Test, and Language Test. Navodaya exam will be conducted in the medium of either Hindi or English as per the applicant’s requirement. With a total duration of 2 hours, students should be prepared to answer a total of 80 questions. Navodaya exam syllabus constitutes subjects such as Maths, General science, English, and Hindi. Students have to answer objective-type MCQs accurately in the given OMR sheet. The navodaya exam will be solely a pen and paper-based test.
|Mental ability Test
Navodaya Exam Registration
Navodaya exam registration process for the Class 6 & 9 students are open on the official website of the autonomous body of NVS. Students can fill up the admission form with the required documents through the online portal. It is advised to keep a copy of the submitted admission form once the registration is successfully completed. Candidates need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria before filling out the admission form and make sure to complete the entire process before the deadline in December.
Below given are the important documents required for completing the navodaya exam registration;
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s photograph & signature.
- Birth certificate and other official documents to verify candidates’ age & identity.
- Parent’s signature.
- Previous school certificates.
|Registration for Class 6
|Registration Deadline for Class 6
|Registratin for Class 9
|Registration Deadline for Class 9
Navodaya Exam Date
The tentative navodaya exam date for Classes 6 & 9 are April & February respectively. The required information about the exam, results, and exam date will be accordingly updated on the online portal by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Below given are the important dates for the navodaya exam.
|Final Registration for Class 6
|Final Registration for Class 9
|Navodaya Exam Date for Class 6
|Result Date for Class 6
|Navodaya Exam Date for Class 9
|Result Date for Class 9
(*All dates are tentative)
Navodaya Exam Preparation
Navodaya exam is conducted yearly by the NVS to pick the bright students from all over the country. The highly competitive exam needs a lot of preparation to cover important topics. Admission to navodaya schools is based on the merit scored by the students in the navodaya exam. With a wide variety of subjects ranging from Maths to Language, students should invest a good amount of time to prepare for the exam. Below given are some of the tips that students can follow to attain good scores.
- Prepare a timetable for studying, doing so will help the students to discipline and dedicate an equal period of time to study for the exam.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly to understand the important topics and to clear unnecessary doubts.
- Give importance to each subject and allocate more time to sections that contain a heavy weightage of marks.
- Practice sample papers regularly to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Take part in Navodaya exam coaching centers to easily learn the syllabus and do well in the exam.
Navodaya Exam – FAQs
Is navodaya exam online or offline?
The Navodaya exams conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is an offline mode exams. Students are advised to bring their own pen & pencil for the exams.
Which subjects come in navodaya?
The navodaya exam syllabus is divided into three sections: Mental ability test, Arithmetic test, and Language test. Navodaya exam consists of four subjects with respective weightage of marks. Maths, General Science, English, and Hindi are the main subjects.. Students need to score well on all the subjects to get admitted to the Navodaya schools.
How can I apply for navodaya class 6?
The Navodaya exam for Class 6 is conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Students who wish to get admitted to Navodaya Class 6 have to qualify for the entrance exams. Candidates can apply for the entrance exam with the required documents through the online portal of NVS. Further details about the registration process will be notified by the exam body.
Is navodaya government or private?
Navodaya Vidyalaya System is a unique educational experiment envisaged by the National Policy of Education in 1986. And through this policy, all the Navodaya Vidyalaya residential & co-educational schools are managed by an autonomous body named Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) under the Ministry of education, Government of India.