NEET 2023 Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus, Application process, Eligibility
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the sole national-level entrance test for candidates seeking admission to MBBS and other medical courses in various top-ranked medical colleges across the country. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the medical entrance exam for admission to MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing, BAMS, Veterinary, and other medical/paramedical courses in India. Candidates who have qualified neet 2023 examination can apply for admission to MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing, BAMS, Veterinary, and other medical/paramedical courses in India. NEET 2023 exam date is expected to be released by NTA in December 2023.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode once a year in 13 different languages.
- The duration of the exam is three hours and 20 minutes
- There will be 200 MCQs in the paper. Out of these, only 180 have to be attempted in 200 minutes.
- The neet 2023 syllabus is divided into three subjects- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- More than 15 Lakh candidates appear for the NEET exam every year.
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Total Questions||200(180 applicable questions for attempt)|
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The NEET 2023 syllabus is comprised of three subjects– Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The vast majority of the questions will be asked from these subjects. Biology is further divided into Botony and Zoology and contains a higher weightage of marks among the three. Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly before starting their NEET 2023 preparations. The NEET 2023 syllabus is completely aligned with the Class 11 and Class 12 topics of the respective subjects.
NEET 2023 Biology Syllabus
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
NEET 2023 Physics Syllabus
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||—|
NEET 2023 Chemistry Syllabus
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Basic Concepts||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|—||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are planning to appear for the NEET 2023 exam should go through the structure of the examination. NEET 2023 exam pattern consists of three subjects, i.e Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. Each subject is further divided into Section A and Section B and the questions are divided on the basis of each section. Below given is the format followed by the NEET 2023 question paper.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
It is important to note that negative marking is present in the NEET 2023 exam. The marking scheme on the basis of negative marking is given below:
- +4 marks for every correct answer
- -1 marks for every incorrect answer
- 0 marks for every unattempted answer
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to appear for the examination should strictly pass all the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria as advised by authorities. Below mentioned are the basic or primary eligibility criteria for NEET 2023.
- Age– The candidates must have completed their age of 17 years by the time of admission.
- Qualification– Applicants should have passed or appeared in the 10+2 exam from a recognized board in the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
- Nationality– Candidates should be Indian citizens, NRI, or Overseas Citizens of India category.
- Qualifying Marks– Candidates should have scored at least a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in biology, physics, and chemistry in the qualifying examination and at least 40% for the reserved categories.
NEET 2023 Admission Process
NEET 2023 application process starts with filling out online registration released by NTA. Once the application details are completed, candidates shall start the procedure of submitting the required documents and the application fee. Applicants can complete the entire admission process and payments through the online platform. Candidates should make sure to fulfill the eligibility criteria before submitting the registration. The following documents are required to finish the due registration procedures.
- Class 10 certificates and documents
- Valid ID proof of the applicant such as ration card, Aadhar card, passport, bank account passbooks, or any other government-issued ID.
- Required documents to fill candidates’ details such as their date of birth proof, permanent address proof, email account, mobile number, name, etc.
- Passport size images, left and right thumb impression, and signature.
*NTA opens the application correction window to modify certain details in the NEET 2023 application form.
NEET 2023 Exam Date
NEET 2023 exam date is expected to be announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) by December this year. Candidates can get detailed information about the exam date and the schedules through the online portal of NTA. NEET 2023 exam date is expected to be scheduled in May 2023. The tentative dates as per the reports for the NEET 2023 exam date and admission process are given below.
|NEET 2023 notification||December 2023|
|NEET 2023 registration||March 2023|
|NEET 2023 admit Card||April 2023|
|NEET 2023 exam Date||May 2023|
(*All the given dates are tentative)