Sainik School Exam Class 6 & 9: Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Date & Preparation
All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) scheduled to be held in January is a national-level competitive exam for the students who aspire to get admitted to Classes 6 & 9 in Sainik Schools. Organized by the National Testing Agency(NTA) the All India Sainik School Entrance Test is applicable for all the boys and girls who wish to study in 33 old Sainik schools and 18 new Sainik Schools across India. Candidates who rightfully go through all the eligibility criteria can appear for the AISSEE test to qualify for admission to Sainik schools.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for AISSEE
- All Sainik schools are English medium and affiliated to CBSE
- Sainik school prepares students for National Defense Academies
- Sainik School Society is the autonomous body that manages all Sainik schools
- Students who are in Class 5 & 8 this academic year can also apply
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Name of Exam||AISSEE|
|Types of Question||MCQ’s|
|Duration||Class 6- 150MinsClass 9- 180Mins|
|Total Questions||Class 6 – 125Class 9- 150|
|Medium of Exam||English & Hindi|
|Total Marks||Class 6- 300Class 9- 400|
Sainik School Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to attend AISSEE test to join Sainik schools need to ensure that they qualify all the eligibility criteria. Candidates need to fulfill the Age limit, Nationality, Educational qualifications, and several other guidelines stated by the exam authority to get admitted to Sainik schools. Some of the necessary Sainik school eligibility criteria that need to be satisfied are given below.
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens & Nationals can only apply for the AISSEE test as per the guidelines.
- Age limit: Students who wish to join Class 6 this academic year should have an age limit between 10-12 years, whereas for the Class 9 aspirants the age limit is 13-15years.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates seeking admission to Class 6 should qualify Class 5 and the students who wish to join Class 9 should qualify Class 8 from a government-recognized school at the time of admission.
- Cut-offs– The merit list will be based on the total marks obtained by the students. Students need to obtain a minimum of 25% marks in each subject and a minimum of 40% aggregate marks.
- Medical Exam: Qualifying the AISSEE entrance exam doesn’t guarantee selection as candidates have to call for the medical exam
Sainik School Admission Process
The National Testing Agency has issued the registration form on the official website, thus initiating the Sainik school admission process for the upcoming academic year. Candidates have to carefully go through the guidelines issued by the exam authority in order to complete the Sainik school admission process without any hassles. Below given are some of the key steps that candidates can follow.
Step 1- Online Registration
Sainik school exam registration is entirely processed through the official online portal.
- Visit the official website: aissee.nta.nic.in, to fill in the application form.
- Candidates can fill out the application form according to their convenience, such as the Medium of the exam, exam centers, address, and other details.
- Once the application is filled, candidates can “SAVE” the application to generate a personal “USER ID” & “ PASSWORD”
Step 2- Upload the Required Documents
Candidates have to upload the necessary documents along with the application form to be eligible for the AISSEE test.
- Scanned copy of candidates photograph, signature.
- Documents to testify identity such as birth certificate, & Aadhar.
- Candidates left thumb impression.
Step 3- Online fee & Submission
This is the final step that candidates need to complete before submitting their final application form. Each candidate has to pay a particular exam fee through the online portal to be eligible to write the exam.
- Students need to pay the Rs. 550/- application fee as part of the application process.
- SC/ST student’s application fee is Rs. 400/-
- Candidates can complete the transaction through Credit Card/ UPI/ Online banking, etc.
|Sainik School Exam Registration||October 2023|
|Registration Ends||November 2023|
|Sainik School Exam Date||January 2023|
|AISSEE results||February 2023|
|Medical Exam||March 2023|
|Merit List||April 2023|
Sainik School Admission Reservation
AISSE final selection will be on the basis of reservation policy guidelines adopted by the exam authority.
|Home State Candidates||67%|
|Children of service personnel including ex-servicemen||25%|
Sainik School Exam Pattern
Candidates need to go through the Sainik school exam pattern thoroughly such as Total Marks, Section Wise distribution of marks. Preparing well for the exams by going through the exam pattern will help the students to do well in the examination.
Sainik School Exam Pattern for Class 6
|Mathemathics||50 questions (Each Question Carries 3 marks)||150|
|General Knowledge||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
|Language||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
|Intelligence||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
Sainik School Exam Pattern for Class 9
|Mathemathics||50 questions (Each Question Carries 4 marks)||200|
|English||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
|Intelligence||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
|General Science||25 questions (Each Question Carries 2 marks)||50|
Sainik School Exam Preparation
Sainik school exam is conducted yearly by the NTA to pick the bright students from all over the country. The highly competitive exam needs a lot of preparation to cover important topics. Admission to Sainik schools is based on the merit scored by the students in the Sainik school exam. With a wide variety of subjects ranging from Maths to Language Sainik school exam has its own difficulties, so students should invest a good amount of time to prepare for the exam. Below given are some of the tips that students can follow to attain good scores.
- Prepare a timetable for studying, doing so will help the students to discipline and dedicate an equal period of time to study for the exam.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly to understand the important topics and to clear unnecessary doubts.
- Give importance to each subject and allocate more time to sections that contain a heavy weightage of marks.
- Practice sample papers regularly to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Take part in Sainik school exam coaching to easily learn the syllabus and do well in the exam.
Sainik School Exam- FAQ’s
What is the medium of language for the Sainik school exam?
The Sainik school exam is conducted by NTA with English & Hindi as mediums of language for the question paper.
Are there any fees to appear for the Sainik school exam?
Yes, candidates who wish to appear for the Sainik school exam need to pay Rs. 550/-(Rs. 400/- for SC/ST candidates) as registration fees during the application process.
What is the duration of the Sainik school exam?
AISSEE is an objective exam with numerous MCQ’s from a wide variety of subjects. Class 6 aspirants will have 150 Mins and the Class 9 aspirants will have 180 Mins to successfully finish the exam.